Output 5 - Hardcopy Output from Solidworks
Download a Template for Drawings here. To change the size of any text go to "Edit Sheet".
(If you are having problems opening this, open Solidworks first and then open the template from within Solidworks)
With all drawings, try to fill the sheet as much as possible.
In this Output you must have:
2-4 A3 pages
Detailed Orthographic Views
- Take the time to figure out what views are required, examples of views you can use include: standard 3 views, auxiliary projections, section views and detail views.
- You can crop a view if required using the Crop View feature in View Layout
- Add in key dimensions in any of the 2D views, but as this isn't a working drawing you don't need every single dimension, be consistent with positioning.
- Make Hidden Lines Visible or use a Section View
- Set Tangent Edges Removed
- Label your views (plan, elevation etc)
- Add any relevant annotations
- Beware - a great feature of Solidworks is that it updates the drawings when any changes are made to the assembly or part. Make sure to check the drawing before final submission to make sure nothing has moved around.
Rendered Pictorial View
- This is a 3D view such as isometric
- Select Shaded with Edges
- Set Tangent Edges with Font (this uses lighter lines for the tangent edges)
- Make sure to include dimensions